DIY - Striped Table Runner

10:31 AM


So I'm still creating thanksgiving decorations and decided that a long table runner might be nice to run down our bar/island.  So I went to Target and saw that they cost $20, aren't that fabulous and aren't long enough for our bar..  So using rule one of this blog.  I'm taking something Tattered and turning in into something Taylored.   Y'all are going to think I'm crazy with this one but I used an old curtain for my fabric, don't judge.

What you need:
  • Fabric, seriously use what you have... sheet, curtain... 
  • Acrylic paint
  • twine
{one} cut your fabric down to the size of your table or bar.  I'm not even going to hem the edges because honestly I move through my diy projects so fast I'll probably only use this three or four times. 


{two}  Use tape to tape some stripes and paint in between the tape.  Wait overnight to pull the tape off. 


{three} Use some twine to make your ends into cute triangles.

Voila!  Striped table runner.  I'll be using this on our bar and using some leaves I painted and pinecones to accentuate our tasty drinks...  Happy Thursday!







You Might Also Like

5 comments