DIY: Single board Serving Tray

8:00 AM


I've been on the search for a great and cheap tutorial to make a serving tray.  I didn't need something fancy, just something simple and classic to serve drinks on.  Everything had sea glass or stones or paint.  So I decided to DIY and take my single plank tattered bathtub shelf and give it new life by tayloring it into a tray.


What you need:
single board 
rope or chain/old necklace


The board that I had was 34 inches long and 7 1/2 inches wide.  So I decided to make my tray into the dimensions below:


Basically, I sawed my board into three pieces and then turned the three pieces so the tray was shorter than the original 34 inches.  Screw your pieces together by either just screwing them together through the wood or if you want to get fancy (and easy) use a kreg jig.




I decided to use an old gold necklace for my handles.  So I just chopped it in half using wire cutters.  Once you have your "handles" grab a drill and drill two holes per side, so you can loop through your rope or necklace.  Knot the ends or grab a glue gun and you're ready to go!  Anyone want a drink?

You Might Also Like

8 comments