Recipe: Dairy Free Pumpkin Ice Cream

8:00 AM


Have you had enough of me and my pumpkin love yet?  Only a month of me smothering you with my pumpkin-ness left, thennn we'll be all about Thanksgiving around here!  But anyway, we cut out dairy in our house a little over two years ago, man I can't believe its been that long!  At first it seemed impossible to live without cheese and milk in recipes, but now its easy to substitute.  Milk is now coconut milk; Butter is ghee; Cheese is replaced by Daiya; and bananas replace everything else, literally!  I've been banana obsessed lately, so creating a pumpkin banana based ice cream was a must.  By the way, my little pumpkin baker bowl is from World Market, I scored it for $3!


What you need:
2 ripe bananas
1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
1 tbsp of coconut milk (or your favorite kind)
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree 



Add all your ingredients into a blender, magic bullet or food processor.  Once everything is blended pour into a freezer safe bowl.  After 24 hours, scoop out some ice cream and top with some tasty cinnamon!  Voila!



This ice cream does freeze hard so I had to pop my bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds to be able to spoon it out easily.  Enjoy your pumpkin treat minus the milk!



You Might Also Like

10 comments