Mom Reviews the Best Dressed at the Golden Globes

8:00 AM


I'm so excited to have be having my wonderful Mom guest posting today!  Growing up I loved watching the red carpet pre-shows with her and today she'll be sharing her top dressed celebrities from the Golden Globes!  Take it away Mom...


And we're off to what Hollywood calls the start of Award season.  From the Peoples Choice Awards to The Golden globes, The Sags and the Granddaddy of them all The Oscars and that's only naming a few... the early winter months are all about the movies.  This is the time the actors and actresses get to shine in their craft for a job well done.  Its sort of like when you are chosen as Employee of the Month, the only difference is your picture is posted in the break room and theirs is posted world wide on TV and the Internet.  But we really tune in to hear "And the Golden Globe for Best Actress goes to"... NOPE!  We all know its all about "What are you wearing?"  Coined by Joan Rivers who started it all!

Melissa Rivers was working at the E! Channel and they were looking for someone to interview the celebrities before the show and Melissa said "How about my Mom?" and The Red Carpet was born. I might have sounded a little glib but I actually love LOVE watching the pre-show red carpets.  The E! Channel starts hours before the big event and when that first limo opens its doors, its like Christmas day.  So being able to share my top ten list is certainly a joy!  So lets get to it.... The top 10 best dressed of the 2015 Golden Globes are....


#10 Lena Dunham  in Zac Posen: Always on the worst dressed I had to include her for most improved. Maybe she's gotten a new stylist?  I thought she looked beautiful.  
#9 Helen Mirren in Dolce and Gabbana: Its not fair to look that good at her age, she always stuns and this time was no different.   
#8 Amal Clooney in Dior: Anyone who can add opera white gloves and get away with it AND make it look like everyone SHOULD have them on, has to be on my list.  
#7  Felicity Jones in Dior: From "The Theory of Everything", she is up and coming star, watch out for her!  Her gown was stunning and she totally pulled it off. 
#6 Lorde in Narciso Rodriquez:  She has the edge and style to pull off a pantsuit and she looked so gorgeous... she almost made the top five.   
#5 Emma Stone in Lanvin:  Again a pant suit...fashion forward!  She is so beautiful, she is what every prom girl can only hope to look like.
#4  Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad: What can I say about her, she just gets better every year.  She was so put together with her young co-star on her arm!  Way to go Jen! 
#3 Katherine Heigel in Navy Zac Posen: This fit her like a glove!  Its the best I have ever seen her and she beat out Jen, so she should be proud!
#2 Kate Hudson in Versace: This was so hard as she so easily could have been number one but number two it is. I screamed OMG when I saw her!  She looks more than just beautiful and that dress could only be worn by her!



#1 has to be... Reese Witherspoon in her sleek Calvin Klein!  That just blew me away for its fit and simple "gorgeousness"  Her hair was just perfect! I am sure we will see her at the Oscars!

I did feel I should include one worst dressed... which I hate to do, but the award has to go to Keira Knightley.  I do know she is pregnant, but HER DRESS, although couture, was just just not right for her and actually not right for anyone!  I can't believe she even wanted to wear it. 

Well that wraps up the Golden Globes!  See ya at the Oscars! 



You Might Also Like

10 comments