Recipe: Radish Cilantro Salsa

8:00 AM




I can't say that I've ever knowingly eaten radish.  It just has never crossed my mind as an appetizing food.  But I'm doing my best to add in different kinds of produce into my cooking, so when I found radishes on sale I decided to try my hand (and knife) at making them into something tasty.  Radishes have a slightly peppery taste, a nice crunch, and an absolutely dark pink hue!  Radishes are packed with vitamin-C, so picking some up isn't a bad idea as the flu is making its rounds!  So here it is, Radish Cilantro Salsa...


What you need:
4 radishes
4 scallions (white and light green parts only)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1/2 jalapeno  
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp olive oil


Chop your radishes, scallions, and jalapeno  (don't forget to protect you hands AND eyes - yes once upon a time a jalapeno squirted juice into my eye... worst. thing. ever.  Mix all ingredients into a bowl!  Serve over tasty tacos or with some chips and classic salsa! 

Yum!






You Might Also Like

7 comments