DIY - Felt Advent Calendar

9:41 AM


My Mom has a fabulous advent calendar.  I remember my sister and I fighting over who would get to move the mouse each day.  So of course now that I'm on my own I wanted one too.  But I haven't been able to find one I really like and a lot of the tutorials I've seen involve sewing... but not here.  Tacky glue and felt friends.  Tacky glue andddd felt.

What you need:
Felt
Tacky glue
Acrylic paint
Stick
Twine or ribbon

{one} Measure out the felt you'll be attaching your pockets to.  Mine is 12" wide by 18" high.  But don't cut it out until you make sure all of your squares will fit!

{two} This is the tricky part... measuring out where your squares are going to go and how big they need to be...  We will be using 24 squares so six rows with four squares each.  Now go get your calculator... just kidding.  My squares ending up being 3" wide by 2 1/2" high.

{three} I decided to use red and green for my pockets. So I'm cutting out 12 red and 12 green.

{four} Then decide upon your pattern of colors.

{five} I then added my numbers in gold paint.

{six} Now you're finally ready to glue your pockets onto your background!

{seven}  Fold over the top of your background and glue so you can slide in a dowel, or two shikabob sticks if you're like me and don't have a random dowel hanging around.  Add some ribbon or twine on the ends and hang!


Now you're ready to count down to Christmas :)



You Might Also Like

8 comments