Recipe: Starbuck's Gingerbread Syrup

12:28 PM


I would love to have a pretty red Starbucks cup in my hand every morning, but thats $6 a day... sooo I've been using my PSL mix from Tazo to satisfy my coffee need.  But its almost Christmas and a gingerbread latte sounds beyond fabulous, am I right?  Well you can make your own Gingerbread syrup to add to your coffee and milk for a Holiday Treat!


What you need:
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Bring all your above ingredients to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.  Put in a container and you're set, add to your coffee or espresso in place of your sugar or splenda.  And WHATEVER YOU DO!  DON'T LET THIS BOIL OVER.  Disaster ensued the top of my stove for sure... The syrup will be more watery than syrupy.  Remember this is what they have at Starbucks that they have the pumps for... 



Happy Holidays friends!




You Might Also Like

1 comments