Recipe: Crockpot by Carly

8:00 AM

I love guest bloggers, its so fun to see people's awesome ideas come to life on tattered to taylored.  One of my May sponsors is Carly from Carly Blogs Here and I'm so excited she is sharing this yummy crockpot recipe!  Easy and delicious? Yes please!

I'm so excited to guest post on Taylor's blog today! I thought I would share a no-hassle recipe I recently tried out. A few months ago I picked up the ingredients to make Mix and Match Mama's "lasagna soup". I've used my crock pot for a lot of different things, but I had never used it to make pasta.



For the most part I followed Shay's recipe exactly...I will admit to not being the biggest fan of ground meat so I omitted it from the recipe and used diced tomatoes with chillies to give the sauce a bit more flavor-- it gave it a pretty big kick!

Here's what you need:
1 pound of browned ground beef (or turkey)
3 cups beef broth (I used about 2.5 as I wasn't using any meat)
1 onion, chopped 1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes**
1 6 oz can of tomato paste
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
2 cups uncooked pasta (I did about 3.5 cups, again because I didn't use meat)
optional cheese for topping

**I used an 8 oz can of diced tomatoes with chillies.

Add in the first seven ingredients into your crock pot and cook on low for about 7-8 hours. About 30-45 minutes before you're ready to eat add in your uncooked pasta.

Add cheese or whatever other toppings you might enjoy and that's it! The best thing about this recipe is that you can make really easy adjustments based on your preferences. If you want it to be more soup like you can add more broth. This is definitely the perfect weeknight meal for when you don't want to put any effort into your meal!



Have you tried any pasta crock pot recipes?
What are some of your favorites?

A huge thank you to Taylor for letting me guest post today. You can find me at my blog Carly Blogs Here!

I am totally making this tomorrow, you don't even have to use the cheese which is great for us dairy free folk!  Enjoy the rest of your hump day!


You Might Also Like

19 comments